Fish on Hashbrowns
½ Diced Onion
2-3 cloves chopped Garlic
3 tbsp. Butter
1 ½ C. dehydrated Hash Browns
2 C. Water
Cleaned and skinned trout (or whatever, fish you’ve got)
Lemon juice and salt & pepper for seasoning
1. In fry pan saute onion and garlic in half of the butter.
2. Add dry hash browns to pan, add enough water to almost cover the potatoes.
3. Place fish on top of potatoes, cover and let simmer.
4. Check after ten minutes, this will give you a chance to see how the fish is doing, and melt the rest of the butter under potatoes to help them brown.
5. Cover and continue to cook until the bones will easily come out of the fish. Debone the fish before serving (To debone a fish lift the spine gently while pushing the meat free with a fork. If the the bones don’t come easily then cook a bit longer).
6. Finish off with lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
There are no reviews yet.